Ryan had to start his new job 6 days before Tate was due and he was not allowed to miss any training for ANY reason, or he would be fired! Naturally this had us both so worried that I could go into labor when he was at work, so we decided to try to take matters into our own hands. My friend's sister just had a baby a few months ago and she "induced" labor by drinking this DISGUSTING tea that had caster oil and milk of magnesia in it.....SOOOO GROSS! BUT we were desperate, so we decided to give it a go and hope for the best. I wasn't due for 10 days so it was a long shot. So I drank the tea on Thurs. October 15th at about 1:00 pm. By 4:00 I was contracting every 10-30 min. The contractions hurt, but I knew it was going to get a lot worse. The contractions stayed pretty inconsistent until about 1:00 am. At one we were laying in bed and I started getting pretty painful contractions, so I told Ry when they started. After about 3 or 4 of them we noticed they were about 7-8 min apart so we decided to start timing them. They became really intense and anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart for the next two hours. I was miserable! It hurt really bad and I am a big fat baby when it comes to pain. So by 4:00 I told Ry I wanted to go to the hospital. I got hooked up to be monitored and I was only dilated to a one and after the hour of being monitored, I was still only a one. They told me that I was in early labor but they couldn't admit me because I hadn't progressed. I hadn't slept in 36 hours by this point and I was not only in a ton of pain, but I was exhausted! They gave me percocet for the pain, it took the edge off for a couple hours, but I still couldn't sleep. Ry and I labored at home all day Friday. We went to get a slushy and walked around Big Lots to look at Christmas stuff to try to take my mind off the pain....stopping every 5 min while I contracted of coarse. By 4:00 I had had it. I had thrown up the only thing I could choke down, still hadn't slept and was just in tears, so we went back to the hospital. The nurse saw on my chart that I had been in 12 hours earlier and asked the new doctor on call what he wanted me to do. I was no dilated to a 3, so he took mercy on me and let me be admitted! I was THRILLED! I wanted my epidural SO bad! Within 30 min, I was hooked up to my IV and had my epidural! I was in heaven! I was able to take a nap and relax finally. Ryan was so wonderful through everything. He never missed a beat and took such good care of me. He called everyone to tell them that we would be having our sweet angel that night and our families all headed to the hospital. They gave me pitocin but I still was only dilating 1 cm every two hours. We figured it would be a long night! By 9:30 I was only a 5! I had been 100% effaced for a week and he was really low. The doc came in to check me at 10:30 because I had asked if he could check to see if Tate was posterior, which he was (which is largely why I wasn't dilating as fast). When he came in at 10:30, I had progressed to 9 cm! He was able to turn the baby and told me that we would start pushing in about an hour. I started to push at midnight and the entire delivery when great! I didn't feel any pain, but I could feel pressure so I could tell when I was contracting so I could push. If you asked me how many kids I would have while I was at home laboring, I would have told you I would never do this again. Ha! If you asked me with my epidural in, I would do it 100 more times! What a difference wonderful modern medicine is! I could NOT have done it without the epidural, so kudos to any of you AMAZING women who can do it without!
Tate joined us at 12:47 am early Saturday morning. After 24 hours of labor, he was finally here! It was love at first sight! He was the cutest, sweetest thing we had ever seen. It is unbelievable how quickly you can love someone you just met. He is our pride and joy! All of our family was there for the most part so we were surrounded with love and support. Tate is already so loved! We are SO grateful to everyone who made such great efforts to be there for us. As for those who haven't had the chance to meet our angel yet, we anxiously await the day! =) Here are some pics from that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment