Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweet Baby Tate

Tate is already 3 weeks old! I can't even believe it! On one hand It seems like he was just born yesterday and on the other we feel like we've had him forever. Motherhood is wonderful! Ryan and I are loving being parents. Tate is the sweetest, most adorable little baby and we love him so much! My mom stayed with us for a week when Tate was born, then Ry's mom came for a few days and then Carol came out for 4 days, so we've had a ton of help, which has been very needed! =) Being new parents is pretty overwhelming, so the help has been so wonderful and very appreciated! My mom is coming out again tomorrow for another week because she misses the little guy so much! ha! We are thrilled to have her back!

I am feeling really good now. I am all healed up now I am just trying to adjust to the lack of sleep...which I'm not doing great with to be honest. I am a huge lover of sleep so this transition has been the hardest for me and Ryan both. I am nursing Tate, but he also takes a bottle, which is great. Ryan has been a tremendous help through all of this and Tate adores him! I can't calm him down the way his daddy can. They already have a very special bond. Here are some things that Tate likes:

- He loves to be on his changing table listening to his giraffe play "Rock a bye baby"
- He recently has learned to like his swing if he is tired (HUGE help to me!)
- He loves to look up at his daddy when he is being held
- He loves his pacifier/binky
- His favorite thing when he is fussy is to bounced under the bright lights in our kitchen...wierd, I know, but it works!
- He likes it when we sing to him
- He enjoys tummy time already!
- His favorite time to be wide-eyed is anywhere from 2-5 AM!!! We don't love this. =)

HOSPITAL PICS....I DON'T HAVE PICS OF EVERYONE...SORRY!











MY NEIGHBORS BABY AND TATE ARE ONLY A WEEK APART! LITTLE TATE AND OLIVIA ARE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS!


TATE LOVES HIS DADDY!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjJgPBDyglXE8LQjCsft7vJhUTYBZ74ecsKEmtbojLO3bCqXq392CVKSqdCabzG2F3BgyiR3XoOufZPybnuyH9igmx1lz8I3byZ2x43EOGhvRgcrZ1k73iYdScsccTOlbX1IDonj_FcnDm2/s1600/IMG_3336.JPG">





TWO WEEKS OLD/HALLOWEEN WEEKEND




THREE WEEKS OLD!





This is how are nights tend to go. He eats, then needs about an hour of consoling to go back to sleep. Sometimes he cries, sometimes he just needs to be held. This was a rougher night.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats! He is beautiful, I can't believe he's already here and it's been 3 weeks. Dan and I were talking about making a weekend trip down to Salt Lake before I get too far along and I can't venture too far from the doctor. So if it does happen I'll let you know and we can stop and see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tate is so precious! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. Samuel had a tough time sleeping at night as well. He would wake up about every two hours to nurse. But, it's only for a season :) The best thing I did was I tried to take naps with him during the day when he slept. Give Tate a big squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. his little robe is too cute and your halloween outfit is adorable! we love little taters and can't wait to hang out again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE LITTLE GUY!!! I just want to hold him and give him love!!! ;) He's just adorable and you look great, linds!!! Congrats to you and Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe how big he is already!! He is so cute. We need to come see him! Im glad you have had so much help, and that you are feeling good! You look awesome linds!

    ReplyDelete