
For years now, I have been one of America's embarrassing suckers for reality T.V. and The Bachelorette is my weakness! HOWEVER, there has yet to be a season that I haven't been completely disappointed. The current bachelorette is Jillian, someone I use to have respect for. I thought that she was the perfect bachelorette....until she proved to be like every other idiotic girl. I too was that girl at one point, and this is what I want to send out into the void today. I use to think that the whole, "Nice guys finish last" thing was a farce, but now, more than ever, I believe this to be true in a lot of cases. Take Jake for example. He is by far the best catch on The Bachelorette this season. He is accomplished, kind and attractive, but Jillian claims that he is "too perfect". The show is not over yet, but I am already predicting his elimination, not just at the rose ceremony, but in the middle of the date! Then on the flip side, there is Wes...who is a complete and utter "tool" (for lack of a better word), and Jillian is completely smitten with him. He is a classic schmoozer! AHHH! Even my own, darling husband, in the beginning of dating, felt it necessary to pull the "bad boy" card. He told me, "Girls like jerks, so I act like a jerk at times". Of course, I saw right through that and knew that he doesn't have a jerky bone in his body. So, please let me know what you think. WHY DO nice guys finish last? What is so messed up in the female psyche, that causes girls to go for the nice guys last? Though we are not all there now, I am pretty sure we have all been there at one point or another. Thoughts?
Ok, so I think she will keep Jake until the rose ceremony and if there is ANY justice in the world, she will keep him for another week. =)
ReplyDeleteAgreeeeeeeeeeed!!!! But, I do think she must be in a whirlwind. Over a dozen guys at her beck and call!!!! Dating on a show like this is so not natural, so I think it's hard for her to make good choices. I dunno. I am addicted to this show too though!!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up, I can't believe you still watch this show...you used to get into this way back when we lived together. I think you need to cut it out cold turkey :0)
ReplyDeleteI would like to say that that is a possibility, but obviously old habits die hard and this one aint kickin the bucket any time soon. =)
ReplyDeleteOk I think girls like jerks for a few reasons. First of all, girls like drama. Sometimes we get bored if we think we have him whipped. Which is stupid on our part. Also, I think girls can be insecure and think "well if he is so crazy about ME, whats wrong with HIM?" That second one is just a thought, bot sure about it.
ReplyDeleteThirdly, its an instinctual thing in women for them to want their children to be safe and protected. Subconsciously we think that is a guy is super nice, he must be a pansy and nt a protector. You understand?
I don't think nice guys finish last. The race is not to the swiftest, but to those that finish. Those that finish with great girls, like you my darling Lindsay, are first, and the rest end up miserable and sometimes divorced.
ReplyDeleteMy Theory: Girls do want the nice respectable guy. The man who will take care of them, provide for their family, and be strong to protect. I believe that women, like men, have to be ready to get married and settle down. Maybe men are smarter here, they tend to wait till they are ready, and they often get married later in life.
Women are so socially saturated by weddng dresses, the party, the ring, that they often loose sight of when the timing is right. They want Mr. Right and Nice now, but deep down they know they are not ready yet, so they go after Mr. Wrong and Not so Nice in the meanwhile to sabatoge the actual outcome of marrying the wrong guy. This same guy, Mr. Wrong, is often Mr. Right before he is ready, sabotaging the fate of geting hitched before he is ready. Sometimes babies happen in the meanwhile and shot gun weddings go down. SO if you stay clear of that you will eventually grow up, be ready, and mary the Nice Guy!