Monday, June 22, 2009
The Facts of Life...I am so Blessed
I was born and raised in California, and my family...well my parents and sister are still there. I went to school in Idaho, so being away from home is not something that is foreign to me. When I married Ryan, I knew that I was going to be moving and very likely, settling, in Utah. I really like it here, so I don't mind. Yesterday was Fathers Day and also the day that my mom and Steve had to put our dog of 12 years to sleep. Now, I'm not going to lie, I am anything BUT an animal lover, but it was so sad to see my mom and Steve so broken up about it. It is days like yesterday that I really miss my family and realize how much I appreciate and miss them. I would have loved to have been with my Dad and Steve yesterday to tell them how much I love them. I would have loved to see Carol and my little Bay. And I know that if I was home, I could have said something to make my mom laugh and smile a bit on a day that I know was very hard for her. After realizing all this, I was at Ryan's family's house. I very quickly was sent into a spiral of gratitude. They are the most loving and accepting people. I could not have asked for a better family to become apart of. We went over to Grammy and Grandpa's last night after our delicious Fathers Day dinner and Stan's amazing homemade ice cream. I got to play football with all the family and chat with the aunts and uncles and Grammy and Grandpa. I feel so blessed to have a family of my own that I am so close to and a new family that treats me like one of their own. Life is indeed...Wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment