Sunday, October 3, 2010

36 Weeks


This was me last week at 36 weeks. I am getting bigger all the time and I'm finally swollen! YUCK! My hands and feet are really all thats really swollen, but it's not fun. My feet are ok for the most part, but parts of my hands have been numb for almost 2 weeks now! It is really uncomfortable. My doc says that my blood pressure is still great and that unfortunately this is a common discomfort for women this far along into pregnancy, so I just have to deal with it until I deliver. It really stinks, but this is the first real problem I've had, so I can't complain...I'm almost done! I got checked on Friday and I am not dialated, but I am 60% effaced, so that's good. He said I'm coming along nicely. The baby has dropped and is on his way. Ryan got a new job and starts training the week before the baby is born and isn't able to miss ANY so we have tentative induction dates for Monday the 18th or Friday the 22nd. I can't believe it's so close! So the longest I will have to wait is 2 weeks and 5 more days!!! AHHH! He's almost here! We are SO ready to have our little man! Here are a few physical things I am looking SO forward to:

Having feeling in my hands again
Not having to pee every 30 min.
Not having the urge to pee even after I just did! ha
Being able to bend over
Being able to wear shoes again and not slippers or flip flops
Not gagging when I brush my teeth
Being able to sleep on my stomach!!
Being able to walk up the stairs and not get winded! ha
Having a flat stomach...This may take a while...
Going shopping for clothes and not just jewelry =)

Here are some things that I am looking so forward to with Tate and just being a MOM!....That sounds so weird, but wonderful!

Finally seeing his face and looking into his little eyes
Having him wrap his tiny hand around my finger
Making eye contact with him after all this time of talking to him
Dressing him so cute
Smelling his baby smell ALL the time!
Feeling so happy knowing that he is happy and healthy
Walking into his room and him actually being in there!
Having him around for all the fun holidays
Seeing what an amazing dad Ryan is going to be

Of course there are so many more things, but those are just a few. I will keep you all updated! Can't wait to share these new experiences with all of our friends and family!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, you're getting close! I am so excited too-- first time aunt here!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost here! Can't wait to be a grammom again:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy for you both! You are going to be great parents!

    ReplyDelete