Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Changing Every Day...Big Boy!

Since I have been so behind on blogging, I feel like my posts are so long. So I decided to do another post about Tate's most recent adorable things. First, the biggest and happiest milestone, for both us and Tate, since he's been 18 months is that he is now in NURSERY at church! We can officially enjoy the last two hours of church and he can run wild and play like he so desperately wants to each week. As I'm sure you all can imagine...he LOVES nursery! He is our social butterfly and doesn't mind being left with other kids. I have stayed for singing time the first few weeks just to make sure he kind of understands the routine. Here are some pictures of his first day in nursery and of him singing "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam"! I can't handle any of these pictures...they are too cute and he is growing up too fast! He was pretty stone faced the first week. Not quite sure what was going on... ha
His hair is getting longer so his bed head is at an all time high
Ryan's work had a party last week and we had a ball. There was a balloon artist, snow cones, and two huge bounce houses. He had so much fun going through the obstacle course. He went down the big slide at the end, face planted every time and thought it was hilarious!
We went to this new mall they built in Salt Lake with some friends the other day and Tate found the little fountain for the kids. It was only like 65 degrees outside and the water was cold but that would never keep our little water bug from enjoying himself. He even fell in the big fountain! I wish I had a picture of that...he took it like a champ and got right back on the horse!
Some other sweet things he's been doing/learning... He knows lots of animal sounds when he's asked...dog, cat, horse, lamb, lion, dinosaur, monkey, tiger... He has known where his hair, hands, feet, tummy, belly button, eyes, nose, ears, mouth and tongue are for couple months now. His vocabulary is amazing. He knows most words now and is pretty good at telling us what he wants. He knows all of his aunts and uncles by name and loves to say "Hey Dude" when he sees boys. So cute. He loves to read. I will find him in his rocking chair reading at some point each day. He loves to say "rock" and rock in his chair. He doesn't watch much TV yet, but when he will watch something for about 10 minutes, he will only watch "Bubble Guppies". To add insult to injury, he will only watch ONE episode! ha! He wants to watch this one over and over on and off throughout the day. IT's a cute show, but anything repeated that many time gets wearing. =) He loves to give high fives and then pound knuckles after...while making the blow up sound...courtesy of his uncle Josh =) Sweet angel loves to pray. He has started folding his arms for longer periods of time, but usually about half way through he says "Amen" as loud as he can...really cute at home...not so cute in the middle of church when it echoes in the dead silence.... Lastly, he is super loving. He gives kisses and loves all the time. I will be getting ready int he bathroom and he will just say "Hi Mama" and come kiss my leg and then keep walking. And if we are ever hurt or sad he will kiss our ouchy and give a love. We love everything about our darling little angel. He teaches us so much about unconditional love and kindness each day. He is so loving and affectionate, which I am particularly grateful for, I love snuggles and kisses! We have loved watching him grow...thought it's happening way too fast. We try to cherish each day.

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie. We always have a good laugh after you guys leave remembering the funny little things he does (like his, stop, drop, and roll:)). Love the pics! Di

    ReplyDelete