Thursday, April 19, 2012

18 Months!!!

Tate is 18 months! Can you believe how fast time flies?? We sure can't. I have really dropped the ball on blogging. It just is something you really need to keep up on when you have a toddler. Tate changes so much every day, waiting two months between posts makes me not be able to remember all the amazing things he did two months ago. So I will just update you all on some of the things that he is doing now.

He has really developed a love for animals. He loves dogs because he is so familiar with Lucy, but we went to the zoo when my dad was here and he loved all the zoo animals. However, I don't think that any animal tops "fishies" as of right now. He LOVES the aquarium, ponds, and fish tanks. So naturally we had to buy him his first fish. We got a little goldfish from Wal Mart about a month ago...it lived for a week. So we then decided to go to Petsmart and talk to someone with the slightest bit of knowledge. We bought a beta and it is alive and well. Tate says hi to the fishy multiple times a day and it brings him joy, which brings us joy. I don't love cleaning the tank each week, but I guess it's the least I can do since Ry has been taking care of Lucy (feeding, bathing, putting to bed) for the past two and a half years. =) So now every time we go to Wal Mart, my sweet SMART little angel remembers the fish we got and asks to go see the "fishies" the minute we walk through the door until we make our way back there. Shocked that his memory is so good!






He climbs on EVERYTHING. He is super tall so he can climb on the coffee table, the kitchen chairs- onto the kitchen table...scary!, he can climb on the bench upstairs and look over the staircase...even scarier. But his most recent climbing discovery is this...

I was watching TV and Tate was climbing around on the couch as usual. When all the sudden he says "Hi Mama" in a happy little proud voice. I turn around and he is standing on the flipping window sill!!! I about died I thought it was so cute. I was so fascinated that he even got up there I didn't nip it like I should have. Instead I had him jump to me over and over. He was so happy! However, I try to really monitor this now so he doesn't get hurt, but I think he is confused when I tell him no now because of the mixed signals I have given him. ha Here are some more cute ones of him sitting and jumping to me.




He can feed himself with a fork...selectively...now.


Tate loves to climb, crawl, run and play so we love to try new parks and play places. There are some good ones in our malls here believe it or not...




Ok, so this little boy has every toy under the sun...but does he want play with those toys outside?? No. I bought this plastic kid chair when he was a baby for when he gets old enough to sit at the coffee table and draw/snack etc... So it was out in our garage. Ever since he could walk, if we go outside through our garage, he will find this stupid red chair, with no sliding ability at all, and push it up and down the street! We don't get it. It gets stuck on every piece of asphalt, every pot hole, and he trips with it constantly, but it is all he wants when he is outside. To each their own I guess....haha. Our Tater Bug has always marched to the beat of his own drum.



The pool/any kind of water is still his favorite place to be. He has no fear, which scares us, but we figure it will be good in the long run. He goes down water slides, dunks his head in the water trying to blow bubbles and tries to eat water falls. He's an angel. End of story.






His two most consistent obsessions are the 3 B's...balloons, balls, and bubbles. He can even blow the bubbles himself now.






We went home to California for Easter and had a blast. It is always so good to spend time with my family. Tate doesn't see them that often, but you would never know it. He remembers each person by name and never hesitates to go to anyone. Such a great feeling. This was his first real Easter Egg Hunt and he was a CHAMP. Ry showed him how to find an egg and put it into his basket one time and he was a hunting machine after that. He kept saying "egg?" when they were all gone. =) Other than Easter we just swam a lot, ate a lot, went to Chuck-e-Cheese, made Easter baskets with my mom (great tradition) and we actually got to see two movies! This is monumental since we never get to see movies anymore. Both sets of my parents are always so good to us. They are so helpful with Tate and we feel so loved when we are there. No matter how old I get I still love being taken care of by my parents. Hugs, talks, meals and love will never be outgrown. Tate got to go to Chuck E Cheese, walks with uncle Chad and the dog, play with his animals in the pool, swing outside, and got two wonderful Easter baskets...so thoughtful. Thanks family, for all you do and a memorable trip!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog post... Tate is so darling and huge!!! We miss our little friend!

    ReplyDelete