Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Ok...so every year I make a new years resolution and usually keep in for about a week. I have never been great about sticking to a resolution because I either lacked the motivation or didn't think I could accomplish it. This year is going to be different! It's going to be different because I have set realistic goals that I will enjoy working at. First of course I want to do the thing that I think all women want to do each year. I want to eat healthy and exercise more, blah, blah, blah, blah! That is not the fun one. The fun one is that I am going to develop more talents and hobbies. I have the time to do it, so I just need to make it happen. I am usually good at making thing happen, but I tend to feel inadequate in a lot of these areas, so I don't attempt it. So here goes...this year I am going to:

1. Start my waxing business out of my home to do on the side.
2. I am going to learn to make cards...scrapbook...become more crafty etc...
3. I am going to become a more diverse/better cook! =)
4. I want to plant flowers and a few veggies this Spring

I have already made my first attempt at being crafty. We needed bar stools, so I bought them done is raw wood and today I painted and stained them myself! My new neighbor works at a furniture store and has done this to a few pieces of furniture in her house, so she came over today and showed me how to do it. We had a nice afternoon painting and staining and she helped me develop quite a liking to it! The pics aren't great, but they actually turned out really cute!

BEFORE
AFTER



2 comments:

  1. Love the stools! Great job, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute, Linds! Remember, any time you want a project for Stan's office, let me know:). Love you, Di

    ReplyDelete