Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Sweet Lucy

We have had Lucy for almost a year now and she has been the light of our lives. She is still very much a puppy and wants to play ALL the time! Ryan lives for playing with her and I live for the rare moments when she is a snuggle bug. I can be upstairs and I will hear Ryan laughing out loud while he plays ball with her. She clinches to her rope with the jaws of life and has the heart of a tiger! She never leaves our side and we love that!
Now, on a less thrilling note, our baby has become a bit mischievous. She does NOT like it when we are gone and so she will do whatever it takes to be by people. She is the biggest scaredy cat ever, so we never worry about her running away, but recently she has changed our thoughts a bit. Ryan went out a couple weeks ago and put Lucy in the backyard. We block off the fence so she can't get out....or so we thought. Ryan gets a text message from our neighbor Becca saying that she let their dog, Sarge, out to go potty and the next thing they know Lucy is back there with him! Now we live in a townhouse and so we are all connected. They live two doors down, but still! How did she know where to go! THEN we went out that night for my Birthday and put Lucy back there again with much more blockades in front of the fence. About an hour into our night we get a text message from Becca again asking if we knew that Lucy was at her house! Of course I said no and appologized. I asked if she went into their backyard again and she said no...Lucy came to their front door and barked until they opened it!!!! I about died! How can you not laugh at that!? Who does that? She has an entire complex to roam and she goes over to her friends house to play! She LOVES Sarge! Needless to say it was hard to scold her. She just makes us laugh all the time! We are still fighting her on the backyard thing. Ry thought if he put a 20 pound bag of soil by the fence, she wouldn't try to get out. Well she didn't get out, but she sure tried!!!

These are the moments when she makes our heart melt.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I can attest to this being one of the funniest moments of my life. Little Lucy sitting on our front porch ready to play with Sarge! What a crazy pup.

    ReplyDelete